Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Lego City Park Hybrid "Fountain" and "Fun in the Park" Build

I have been very excited for the 60134 "Fun in the Park" set and the freebie 40221 Creator "Fountain" set this month, and am happy to report I finally got my hands on both!  I have been brainstorming ideas for how to combine these two sets into something more substantial that I could integrate into my City and Train Layout.




First off, I love the Fountain set.  The rebuild option for the statue gives you a variety of different combinations to create the perfect center piece for your park.  The fountain itself looks very good, plenty of detail, and both the benches are excellent quality.  I especially love the trash can with the grill pieces.  I do wish the flower pot was some other color than the neon green, but I swapped it out for a white one to better match my existing color schemes.



It is odd that the Fountain set is a "Creator" set meant to be paired with the Brick Bank Modular Building, even though the coloring and design seems to fit much better with the City themed Fun in the Park set.  The bench in the Park set is the same dark blue color and same basic design (just two studs wider) as the two that came in the Fountain set.



I wanted to make a city park that would fit comfortably on a normal sized base plate and that could be built along one of my Modular Building style streets.  I decided to use the longer bench and bus stop sign from the Park set to create a bus stop along the road in front of the Park.  I built a wall with entrance along the front of the park and partial walls going back part of the ways down the side.  I used masonry profile bricks for the walls and then built up pillars for the corners and ends with higher pillars forming the entrance up front.  Jumper plates were used to center the 1x wall between the 2x2 pillars.  I also used 1x1 tiles to texture the pillars.  All told I am pretty happy with it and its now integrated into my layout right next to the open spot for the next modular building!


No comments:

Post a Comment