Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Summer 2016 Release Priorities

I have started to see signs online of people getting their hands on Summer 2016 sets a head of the June release date, so I have been scouring local stores trying to find some that have gotten out on the shelves.  So far no luck, but I am heading down to the Twin Cities tomorrow and will check out the Lego store in the Mall of America and depending on my luck there may try and hit a Toys R Us somewhere too.  Here are my thoughts and priorities for this waves sets:

City Airport Sets:
I will end up buying all of these just because I am a big aviation fan and am slowly accumulating sets to make an airport diorama in Lego, and so I am especially looking for ground/support equipment and relevant minifigs to detail it out.  I want 60100:  Airport Starter Set mainly for the minifigs, I do not particularly like the helicopter in the set.  60101:  Airport Cargo Plane looks like a decent build and fits in with the air cargo center I want to build to link up with my railroad, has a nice little ground vehicle.  60102:  Airport VIP service adds something I do not have, a smaller jet that looks decent.  The limo looks a little bizarre but will work fine.  60103:  Airport Air Show:  I am VERY excited about this.  Great looking planes, lots of awesome minifigs, a decent hangar and some ground equipment.  This is a dream set for me.  60104:  Airport Passenger Terminal.  I think the terminal looks awful, but the jet seems solid and there are some nice ground vehicles so I will be buying it mainly for those.  I have 3182: Airport from 2010 that I think has a MUCH better terminal and control tower.  I might use some of the terminal components from the new set to add on to the old one.  

Other City Sets:  
I think the Volcano sets look neat and I might buy one or two on sale but otherwise they do not fit in with any of my plans.  60134:  Fun in the Park - City People is a huge priority, I love everything about this set.  60132:  Service Station is also high on my list, it looks solid and fills a gap in my city layout for a gas station.

Creator Sets:
31051:  Lighthouse Point looks great, I already have the last Creator light house but I love lighthouses so will pick this up too and then decide which one to put in my layout.  31052:  Vacation Getaways looks amazing and I am very excited to pick it up.  31053:  Treehouse Adventures looks ok, I will get it to check it out but do not know if it will fit into my layout.

Minecraft:
21127:  The Fortress looks like fine and I am dead set on buying 100% of the Minecraft sets so this is an easy choice.  21128:  The Village is another top priority.  Its everything I could want in a Minecraft set and I look very forward to buying it and reviewing it.

Wish me luck this next couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment